Saturday, April 23, 2011

Resolutions Revisited

As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

  • I intended to be faithful and blog at least once a month, maybe more!
  • I intended to be a whirlwind of creativity, madly clipping and doing collage, painting up a storm and sketching everything I saw.
  • I intended to make time for more art...to find the slivers of the day and fill them with color.
  • I intended... I intended... I intended.
And I guess I did some of it. Well, not the blogging part, which apparently I'm pretty miserable at!

I participated in a tag exchange. Mine is the fish.


I spent an art-filled, snowy weekend in Mineral Point, Wisconsin staying in a historic home with my sisters and Pam. Here's an example of the exquisite corpse books we all worked on.


I made a lot of postcards to mail off to people I've only met virtually through the IUOMA (International Union of Mail Artists).


I redecorated my bedroom, painting the walls with exactly the color of periwinkle I'd been longing for, and finally adding the vintage chandelier. Well, I didn't do the painting, Pam did between cooking meals for her blog!


I went to Taos for a luxurious week of art - making a sketchbook then doing my best to fill it with paintings and sketches. All thanks to one of my fav people, Jill K. Berry.



I've even sketched a bit as part of the Sketchbook Challenge. I haven't kept up with every monthly challenge, but there's still time, right?


I suppose I haven't been the slacker I sometimes imagine myself to be. And I have the good fortune to work in a creative job with creative people surrounding me. I did help to launch a new magazine these past months - I guess that counts especially since I get paid to do it!

And it's only April, right?






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your blog!

Plush Possum Studio said...

It can be highly aggravating always to come home and know you have more art to get to--if only others didn't keep wanting more time!
These past few days, I began to cram more in than is prudent, and now am feeling both tired out and aggravated, so the recipe for success for this blogger's peace of mind may mean that i scale things back a while. I'm not saying I enjoy the process, but it's just time for less, not more, of the stuff I did say I wanted to be a part of. I can hardly keep up, and am exhausted today!
Guess the saying "less is more" really does help me keep order and peace, my world afloat, what will you.
But what to jettison? (yikes!)
Rose

LM said...

Thanks Rose - Sometimes less is indeed more. And I'm lucky I have a 'creative' job, so that art itch gets scratched and I get paid! -- lisa