Saturday, October 11, 2008

Retreat into Inspiration


Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans... More like, work is what happens when you'd like to be doing something else! 

My apologies for the lack of posts. I must confess that my creativity as of late (oh, the last two months) has been channeled into solving work dilemmas. But hey, it pays the bills, right?! And I've been producing some amazing creative work from writing to changing up ad campaigns -so that counts!

I am excited to report that there IS a way to make room for more art  - take a retreat! This coming week, my partner and my two sisters and I are retreating to the Raevn's Nest Art Retreat in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. 

I'm looking forward to learning from such luminaries as Michael deMeng, Bernie Berlin, Judy Wise, Jill K. Berry and Laurie Mika. There will be music, mingling, art trades and of course wine. And I'm sure much laughter and shared ideas with my fellow retreaters and my irrepressible sisters!

And then after, an outpouring of posts and photos surrounding my new creations and insights. 

I can only hope...

2 comments:

Kim Rae Nugent said...

I'm so looking forward to meeting you and everyone else! Only a few more days to go.
:)Kim

Keisha said...

I hope you guys have so much fun! I'm so happy that Carol is going - she really needs to unleash her creativity, especially with her sisters and friends! I hope you guys are able to relax and forget ALL about work for the week! Give Grandma Malmar a big hug from us!