Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's good to finish something! - Part one

A couple of weekends ago, I had the good fortune to join my two sisters and Pam when we participated in a bookmaking and painting workshop at Whispering Woodlands. Led by one of my favorite teachers, Jill Berry. I knew not only would it be packed with activity, I'd come away inspired to create new things as well as finish what we started during the class!

Here's the first thing we made... a dream book box.
The construction and painting were finished during the class, but the the little story came later, after I got home.
It's more of a made up fable.
During the class, I just painted what came to mind, figuring the story would come later.

And it did.

Long ago the sun refused to behave. It liked to glow in hues of orange and pink and purple.

At night it really acted up, glowing bright and blue - mostly to spite the moon but mostly because it could!

But one day a large snake came along and charmed the sun and ever since the unruly sun kept its blues very well contained.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Jill Berry said...

Okay, I am crazy for this. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me, both that you enjoyed it and that you finished it!!! I love the story, and the dream. Thank you for coming, for bringing the sisterhood. All of you are wonderful.